Hall of Justice
Family Court Services/Access to Justice Center
2610 Riverside Drive
Susanville, CA 96130
Child Custody Recommending Counseling (CCRC)/Mediation
CCRC/ Mediation is a free service offered by the Lassen County Superior Court. CCRC/Mediation is the process of assisting parents reach a mutually acceptable parenting plan, encourages communication between the parents and allows the parents to develop the best parenting plan for their child(ren) through identifying conflicts and barriers, seeking resolutions and focusing on the best interests of their child(ren). The Child Custody Recommending Counselor (CCR Counselor)/Mediator is there to guide and navigate parents through the process.
CCRC is a mandatory process when there is a disputed custody and visitation issue before the court. If parents do not reach an agreement on issues, then a recommendation will be prepared by the CCR Counselor and submitted to the Judge for review.
Mediation is a voluntary process through the agreement of the parents and a recommendation is NOT prepared.
CCRC/Mediation is intended to resolve parenting issues without the necessity of a court hearing. A sample Parenting Plan can be found on this website. It is important that both parents arrive at their appointment prepared to address the issues in the Parenting Plan form.
Documents for CCRC
- Child Custody and Visitation Orientation
- Child Custody Recommending Counseling/Mediation Questionnaire
- Interim Order Intake and Assessment Sheet
- Authorization for Release of Information
- Disclosure Statement
- Family Code Section 3044
- Acknowledgment of Family Code Section 3044
- Family Court Services Proof of Service
- Parenting Plan
- Request for Mediation by Telephone
- Request for Child Custody Recommending Counseling by Telephone
- Joint Child Custody Recommending Counseling/Mediation Agreement
- The Effects of Violence on Children
- Domestic Violence Safety Plan for Adults
- Domestic Violence Safety Plan for Children