Child Custody Recommending Counseling (CCRC)/Mediation
SCHEDULE A CCRC/MEDIATION APPOINTMENT
How do I schedule a CCRC/Mediation appointment?
- If it is your first time to participate in CCRC/Mediation in Lassen County, please
- Complete the Family Court Services Information Packet AND return the Certificate of Completion to Family Court Services AND
- Watch the AOC Presentation of California Child Custody Mediation: Focus on the Child's Needs AND submit the Certificate of Completion to Family Court Services.
- Complete the necessary Intake Packet for the type of session you are requesting. CCRC is a court ordered session. Mediation is a voluntary session. Return the documents to Family Court Services.
- Intake Packets can be obtained from this web page or from the Family Court Services at 2610 Riverside Drive, Susanville, California. You may call 530-251-8205 to request that an Intake Packet be mailed to you.
- If you are requesting a voluntary session (referred to as "Mediation"), then after we have received an Intake Packet from you, an Intake Packet will be mailed to the other parent with a letter advising them that you are requesting Mediation and asking them to respond within 14 days. You will receive a copy of that letter so that you will know the date the packet was mailed to the other parent.
- If the session is court ordered (referred to as "Child Custody Recommending Counseling (CCRC)"), it is the responsibility of the other parent to contact Family Court Services for Intake Packet information.
- As soon as both parents have returned a completed Intake Packet and attended orientation, contact will be made by Family Court Services to schedule an appointment.
- If your case is court ordered and CCRC is not scheduled prior to your court date, you will be referred by the judge on your appearance date.